Recently I have been working on blogs about one of my favourite movies – Once Upon A Time in China 2. I am nearly ready to start posting them. A little while ago I posted a blog that was a transcription of an interview with Donnie Yen, who plays an important character in this film. This blog can be found here:
There is much to love in this very well made movie but in the following blogs I will be focusing on some of the fight scenes as there is so much I admire in the choreography, performances and concepts behind these scenes. So look out for the following blogs:
- Wong Fei Hung’s introductory fight against the White Lotus Sect
- Wong versus Lam: A brief introductory blog
- Wong versus Lam: Some comments about the set
- Wong versus Lam: How the choreography contributes to character definition
- The fight in the White Lotus Sect Temple.
I am currently at work on the last blog and it is proving to be rather longish. This is not surprising as this fight scene is packed with choreographic goodness. I may well split it in 2.